Skip to Main Content
- Pride Foundation Scholarships: Pride Foundation provides post-secondary educational scholarships to current and future leaders in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LBGTQ) and straight ally community from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. The application is open October through January.
- National Women’s Studies Association: The National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) offers three annual scholarships and awards through its communities and offers conference registration scholarships. You must be a member to apply. If you are not a member, but your institution is, ask them to add you as one of their Institutional student members. Three student memberships are included with Institutional membership and there is no charge.
- NWSA Graduate Scholarship Award $1,000
- NWSA Lesbian Caucus Scholarship $500.00
- NWSA Women of Color Caucus Awards
- Fund for Education Abroad, Rainbow Scholarship: FEA is committed to increasing the opportunities for dedicated American students to participate in high-quality, rigorous education abroad programs by reducing financial restrictions through the provision of grants and scholarships. The Rainbow Scholarship is available to members of the LGBTQI community. The application opens up mid-November.
- Point Foundation: Point Foundation empowers promising LGBTQ students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential – despite the obstacles often put before them – to make a significant impact on society. Please visit their website for more details on how to apply.
- The Imperial Sovereign Gem Court of Idaho: Every year the Imperial Sovereign Gem Court of Idaho grants funds to LGBT students attending an Idaho school. Applicants come from a wide range of learning institutions such as high school, college, university, trade schools and other institutions as approved by the Scholarship Committee. Scholarship recipients are selected based upon their academic achievement and community service. Scholarships range from $100 to $1,000 with no more than $2,500 given out annually.
- Other scholarships for LGBTQ and ally students in Idaho can be found here.